Auckland Transport Safety Alert | Worker injured after ingesting fuel

On Tuesday 7 July 2021, a worker ingested an unknown quantity of unleaded fuel while priming a siphon to transfer fuel from one portable generator to another. He was taken to the nearest medical centre where the doctor that examined him admitted him to Middlemore A&E. He underwent a nasal lavage and was kept under observation for several hours before being discharged.

WorkSafe has been notified and will be making enquiries.

When working with substances that are hazardous to human health and the environment, the handling instructions contained in the safety data sheet must be followed. Always be aware of the first aid measures required for exposure to specific hazardous substances.