Building Front Line Leaders for Safer Work
Want to know more?
We know it’s easier to have a chat live – so give us a call on
0800 242 769
Register Your Frontline Leaders
CHASNZ is working with industry to develop our frontline leaders to build the capacity and capabilities that our frontline need to lead the safe execution of work.
The Lead On. programme recognises the key role our frontline leaders have in making a difference on how work is done and provides a framework for supervisors to develop leadership skills and capability for more effective onsite safety management.
We all know that time and money are barriers to professional development in the construction sector. To overcome these barriers, the programme is designed to have minimal impact on the working day, with only three hours a week required with the tutor and learning groups. CHASNZ is also sponsoring the cost of the programme.
How can you help?
We’re looking for 30 supervisors from across the whole construction sector. Professional development opportunities like this don’t come around often, and spaces are limited.
Applications close on the 15th of June; the first intake commences on the 1st of August 2023, and the second intake on the 9th of October 2023.
Get in touch with us today to talk through any questions you have about the course or the wider Lead On. programme.
The fine print
The programme is called Safety Leadership for Supervisors & Managers, run by Safety Futures; check it out here.
It is aimed at those who are already leaders – supervisors, who want to take the next step, develop their careers, and grow their leadership skills, or people
in your team that you see potential in and want to encourage their development.
On the course, they will work as part of a group from across New Zealand, connecting with other supervisors around the world.
Time and commitment:
- Twice a week for 12 weeks
- August intake: starts 01/08/2023 and finishes 12/10/2023
- October intake: starts 09/10/2020 and finishes 20/12/2023
- Learning Lab
- August intake: every Tuesday from 2 pm – 3 pm
- October intake: every Monday from 3 pm – 4 pm
- Learning Group
- August intake: every Thursday from 2 pm – 2:30 pm
- October intake: every Wednesday from 3 pm – 3:30 pm
- A quiet space with good Wi-Fi to participate in the training
- Fully supported by your manager and organisation
- The course is ‘digitally enabled’ (a fancy way of saying e-learning).
- Twice a week for 12 weeks
Supervisors will be interacting with others online, have a designated tutor available for offline support, and complete workplace-based learning. The programme combines self-paced, focused online content with interactive sessions and workplace “missions.” It’s flexible and in short bursts – so they aren’t stuck in a classroom for days or taken away from work. There are also exciting benefits to being on a course with people from around the world. We know our industry has strong preconceptions about online training, and we don’t want people to be turned off by this approach.
We know our industry has strong preconceptions about online training, and we don’t want people to be turned off by this approach.
For your frontline leader to successfully participate in this trial, they will be:
- In a frontline leadership role (they can be brand new or have lots of experience)
- A champion for good work
- Willing to share learnings with CHASNZ, their team and organisation once the course is complete.
- Most importantly, fully supported by you!